Thursday, February 28, 2008

To Spirograph or Not to Spirograph



At the center of the great debate..........I love spirographs, in fact, my love for them started when I was little and used to play with my Aunt Debbie's set. In my search for a vintage set, I ended up "acquiring" the motherload of spirograph pieces. Which in fact will be basis of my crafting for 2008, even my Christmas ornaments this year will revolve around spirograph. So when I found these tiles I was estatic to say the least, problem is Sam's not into the spirograph thing. So here's your chance to help me plead my case. To Spirograph or Not to Spirograph. Leave your comments, I promise not to delete the no's. To make it even more interesting I will send a spirograph set to one of the commenters, so that you can rediscover Spirograph.
~Lorie~
Just to clear up any questions, I am not using the Spirograph pieces exclusively, just randomly!
By the way, they will be in Main Bathroom.

13 comments:

justLorie said...

Having trouble leaving my comment on the blog...just one of those days. But i vote yes. I love the spirograph as well. Doing tiles with it is a fun and clever idea.

You go girl!
Rose

Nicole said...

I love spirograph too. I think that used judiciously they would look fantastic. Are we talking kitchen? Bathroom?

Sorry Sam. I vote yes.

Bridget said...

I am saying that it depends on where you are putting them. If they are fairly hidden such as the bathroom then I totally say yes. I am not sure I would want them in the kitchen unless you use then in limited amounts in a backsplash. But, I also painted my bedroom and bathroom purple (very dark and very light) so I am not sure I am a good person to opinionate! Besides, you know you will do it anyway Lorie and Sam will relent like the good husband he is. We always win...LOL

Sister Sabrina F. Fossum said...

No opinion on spirograph, but I love your house and am excited about seeing the magic you guys will work. Best of luck! -Kurt Fossum

Jodi Loveland said...

I vote: Yes! I think its a very creative & unique idea and I like how it looks. I think it would be cool in a bathroom.

Jessica S. said...

I think they will look nice. What colors are you thinking? I love spirograph, I had one as a kid.

kimberly said...

That would be the so cool to do and no one else would have it. An original Culotta...

Anonymous said...

I love it!! Go for it!!

Miss you guys,
Becca

Angel Culotta said...

I Love your Idea..I used to play HOURS with them also.Vincie and Sam are alike,DONT like nothin :)

Marisa said...

Spirograph for sure! Just let Sam play around with one of your sets for a few minutes until he gets how much fun it is:)

Plus, those tiles are gorgeous, unique, and very hip. The colors are totally in right now. That rusty orange is the new thing. Tell Sam to ask the kids- they'll set him straight.

Good luck decorating. I think it's going to be fabulous!

Anonymous said...

I think you should go for it! I remember spirographs well--had hours of fun with them as a child! Looking forward to seeing the final decor! So my vote is a definite YES!!!!
Opal

Shiloah Baker said...

I like 'em! Very artsy and fun!

Marisa said...

Lori, What did you decide? Or maybe I should ask Sam???