Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Customer Complaint: Large Family Penalty


Last night WE took the kids to a local sandwich shop. Besides the person paying for his purchase at the cash register there were no other customers in the store. As the sandwich maker asked to take our order, WE replied with our usual order 5 cold cut combos, a spicy Italian and a ham with cheddar. THEIR reply. We need 24 hours notice. WHAT????? For 5 or more sandwiches they need 24 hours notice! Now I know I have been in there at lunch time and there have been people placing "office orders". WE asked to speak to the manager and were told they could not do that. WHAT???? After deciding that this was going nowhere fast, we had two options, send the kids in one by one, and they would happily take our order. Or leave. WE LEFT, drove down the street to the next closest sandwich shop and ordered the same 7 sandwiches. NO PROBLEM. WE were out of the store in record time.


This stuff really aggravates me. I could understand if they were busy, but they weren't. This is not the first time that WE have been refused service because of family size. The hamburger chain that is on every corner would not let us go through the drive through with our order and a pizza place added an 18% gratuity for our "party" of 8.


I'm thinking next time I want a sandwich, I'm paying with pennies.....500 of 'em! And I'm not rolling them either.
And Bridget, no Spicy Italian comments.~ Lorie :)

3 comments:

Shiloah Baker said...

WOW! I'm aghast! They flat out refused???? What in the world???? I would be ticked. We've had the gratuity thing put on our ticket and I complained it right off. This is my family, not some "girls" night out with two tag along males! Loved the pennies thing!

Bridget said...

Come on....there are so many things I could say about the "spicy Italian". Ok, I will behave! It is stupid! I would call the company headquarters and complain big time!!

Jessica S. said...

wow.