Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Crochet Bargains

Ok, it started with this yarn called Blueberry Pie for 10 cents a skein at Walmart. This is probably one bargain that I should have passed up. Not only has it been 12 plus years since I crocheted anything....(actually I didn't even finish that project it started out as a Christmas blanket and then was converted to a Christmas tree skirt and now graces the Almor West Elementary School Christmas tree), but I don't even like purple. I have been threatening each child in our family along with Sam that I'm making the blanket especially for them! I had to buy a "refresher" book so that I could remember the stitches and to have Sam's mom send me a few patterns. I'm adding a row or two here or there, but may find out that this is another one of those "unfinished" blankets. And if by some small miracle I really do finish it and you find it under YOUR Christmas tree.......remember to tell me that you LOVE it and purple is your FAVORITE color........"Oh.......... you shouldn't have!"

3 comments:

Unknown said...

thank you so much for your comment about the preggy pops/drops! i need to get over there and get some - i'm still yucky sick!!! thanks for the tip!

Jessica S. said...

Well - at least your habit will keep people warm! :)

Nan said...

Lorie, did you forget that my FAVORITE color is PURPLE? I hope I am the lucky winner of this one. Whether it be finished or not. I would love to have something that you have made. You picked up crocheting so fast that I was amazed. You always did amaze me with how fast you learned new things. Do you still have the same crochet hook that I started you with? I'm happy to see that you still remember after all this time. Keep up the good work.I do remember the Christmas tree skirt that you made. Actually it was very pretty. I was surprised to hear that it is still around. Keep up the good work. Love you all.