Tuesday, May 13, 2008

The Object of My Affections

Why can't I buy this at Walmart or the Commissary? I love going to the Carmike Theatre just so I can indulge in my Mr. Pibb adoration. I found this bottle at the Dollar Tree where I promptly bought all that was in the refrigerator case, but alas they are now all gone.......
This has always been one of my favorite childhood memories along with Clark's Teaberry gum which you can get in Lawton! (at Atwoods Feed Store). Teaberry is a mild wintergreen flavor.

According to Wikipedia, Pibb Xtra is widely available in Texas and the southern United States, depending on the local Coca-Cola bottler. It is rare to nonexistent in other parts of the US. But it is available in some parts of the North such as Maryland, Virginia and West Virginia and Upstate Pennsylvania.

So there you have it Mr. Pibb and I were meant to be together. Sorry Sam.

0 comments: